Age: 9 and Up
The ultimate resource to study the why of where.
A powerful reference tool combining the story of the people, places and eventsthat shaped our world with the study of how geography, natural resources andgeopolitics affects it all!
How have nations’ destinies been affected by the luck of their naturalresources, climate and terrain? How have natural boundaries such asoceans, mountains, deserts, played a role in either isolating nations fromprogress and globalization or protecting nations from hostile invasion?
- Eyewitness 3D World Atlas
- Eyewitness History of the World 2.0
Eyewitness 3D World Atlas
Revised and updated to reflect current world events, this program containsextensive demographic information, an almanac and the cultural and politicalcoverage of an encyclopedia. As a 3D reference it also coverstopographical issues from the global “big picture” to the smallestterritory. You can view the world through compelling cartographic maps,dazzling images, and exciting 3D graphics.
Visually stunning information:
- Use maps at different scales
- Study countries in different stages of development
- Analyze distribution of population, resources and economic activities
- Use different data types: statistics, graphs and charts
- Study environmental issues
Discover in-depth, dynamic, geographical information:
- Bio-climatic Zones
- Natural Disasters
- Landscape Formation
- Global Climate
- Continental Drift
- General: World map illustrating international borders and countries with over 400,000 town and city names.
- Satellite: Map shows international borders and countries with their physical features.
- Physical: Physical map showing the forces that shape the Earth’s surface; tectonic plates, volcanoes and impact craters.
- Bio-Geographic: A map of the Earth’s bio-geographic zones.
- Earth By Night: Shows a satellite view of lights from cities across the world.
- Hotlinks lead you to helpful geographic information
- Virtual technology renders flat maps as 3D globes
- Unique “horizon” view of planet Earth
- Measure the distance between two or more locations
- Mark and label your favorite locations
- Shows latitude/longitude co-ordinates
- Print or copy maps, text and graphics
Eyewitness History of the World 2.0
From ancient times to the modern world, meet the people, places andevents that shaped history! Travel easily to any part of the world andexperience different aspects of everyday life, culture and technology. Usethe easy-to-use search engine to research specific times or explore historythrough the many links that are cross-referenced throughout the program.
- 500,00+ words of text
- 2,000+ separate screens
- 80 animations
- 30 videos
- 800 photographs
- Discover fascinating connections between events that occurred in different parts of the world
- More than 200 biographies of the men and women who shaped the world
- Research topics using rapid word and data searches; the ideal aid to complete school projects
- Learn about all the main periods in history – from prehistoric times to the present day!
- Find answers to all your questions ranging from how people lived in the past, to the impact of technological discoveries, to the rise and fall of civilizations.
- Windows 98, Me, XP
- Pentium 200 MHz processor
- 128 MB of RAM
- 29 MB Hard Dive space
- 800 x 600 screen resolution
- 16-bit color display
- 16-bit color Sound Card
- 2X CD-ROM drive